Re: SEUL: New Test

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Luka wrote:

>  my response to this is to note it as a valid target group, and come back to
> it later.  we are already planning on creating a system that is generally
> usable for the types of applications that schools would need (word processing,
> other standard apps, and basic database capabilities), so schools will follow
> naturally as a target group once those products are actually ready.

IMHO, a distrib for schools would need a system already rigged for
managing grades.  I personally favour a web server with mSQL, then they
can have a Linux server and use whatever they want in the classrooms.
I'm pretty new to the SEUL project, has any discussion been put towards
package managers?  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
    "Must be getting close to town -- we're hitting more people."