Re: SEUL: IRC vs. e-mail

At 07:16 PM 7/22/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Various people wrote:
>> > That is precisely my objection to irc: it is realtime.
>> IMHO, IRC should be used as little as possible. E-mail is better.
>
>FWIW, here's my opinion:
>
>Which method (irc vs. e-mail vs. something else) depends on what is being
>discussed.  For most things related to this project, the e-mail lists will be
>the right place and method for discussing things.  For others, IRC or similar
>loggable realtime chat may be the best way to go.

IMVHO
Not everyone CAN meet realtime.  I'm 13 to 16 hours away from the U.S. in
terms of time zones.  I'm sure others have similar constraints.  Also,
e-mail replies, while suffering from the lag of delivery, DO allow those of
us not totally up to speed (b/c of vacation, workload, or whatever) to
catch up with reasonable ease.

MG