Re: SEUL: distributions

Steven Darnold wrote:

> Ah... we return to my original point.  It seems to me that
> the "masses" who most urgently need Linux are those with
> 386's and low-end 486's.  Abandoned by Micro$oft, they will
> gladly embrace Linux if we open the door to them.  What they
> need is a compact, user-friendly distribution that provides
> a comprehensive range of features without the arcanery and
> redundancy that clog the main distributions.  One easy-to-use
> editor, one shell (bash, naturally), one mail reader ...
> you get the idea.

Steven,

   You should check out the Computerbank project
<http://www.linux.org.au/projects/computerbank/>.  Their goals would
seem to address your concerns pretty exactly.

--
Doug Loss                 A life spent making mistakes is not only
Data Network Coordinator  more honorable, but more useful than a