SEUL: Re: Project management on seul question(s)

In message <Pine.LNX.4.04.9812171131580.25003-100000@dt041ncc.tampabay.rr.com>,
 wil@langford.net writes:
>On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Roger Dingledine wrote:
>
>>I've put
>>-rw-r--r--   1 root     root       509732 Dec 17 05:54 archives.tar.gz
>>available in http://www.seul.org/archives/seul/edu/archives.tar.gz
>
>Is there any way we could have a cron job update this weekly or so?
>
>Wil

Yes, I could have this regenerated nightly, but that doesn't seem
like the best way. This requires somebody to download the whole
thing again, and then figure out what the differences are. (They're
pretty obvious based on the directory format, but still...)

It seems like if this is a service we want to offer, we should offer
it in a more organized fashion, and for all the group archives.

I'd suggest a cgi or something to build a desired archive tgz on
demand, but there are DoS security issues with that.

Will people make enough use of this to actually spend effort thinking
about how to solve it well?

(I've posted this to seul-pub rather than seul-edu where it started,
since this seemed more reasonable.)

--Roger