SEUL: Re: Why Linux document

I noticed your pages at http://wilderness.cbpp.uaa.alaska.edu/basharkin/
describing advantages and disadvantages of Linux.

I also noticed that the text of them is remarkably similar to our
'Why Linux?' document at http://www.seul.org/docs/whylinux.html :)

While it's fine that you grabbed a bunch of paragraphs from our document
and posted them (that's what free information is all about, after all), you
should keep in mind that that document is two years old now.

If you have some free time and want to update it, that would be extremely
useful -- several hundred people read that document each day, and it could
certainly use some help. For instance, the user interface issues are getting
solved with Gnome and KDE, the lack of commercial applications has been
steadily getting solved, and now there are a number of good hardware vendors
that support Linux.

An updated version of this document would be very beneficial to the Linux
community (and besides, you'd become famous :)
Let me know if you're interested.
Thanks,
--Roger