Subject: Re: RedHat Knowledge Base
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 15:14:29 -0700
From: Micah Yoder <LYoder@cyberis.net>
To: manhattan-list@redhat.com

"Mike A. Harris" wrote:

> Forgive me if someone has allready come up with this idea, or
> even if it is allready implemented.
>
> It just popped into my mind that a wonderful addition to RedHat's
> website would be some kind of searchable knowledge base of sorts.
> Something akin (but better) than Microsoft's knowledge base.  It
> would be in addition to the existing "errata", of course.

I've thought the same thing.  That could be *very* useful.

But how about instead of just a RH KB, make it Linux in general.  Then,
in each entry, you could have a line like "Applies to ALL" or "Applies
to RH 5.x" or "applies to all glibc2 systems".  Then even more people
could use it.

And have a way for people to judge the quality of articles, and get rid
of bad ones.

Someone should *definitely* set this up, and I could probably help.  How
could it be funded if it's not RH specific???