Re: SEUL: Links Page Modifications: 80% done

Doug, Thanks for the feedback.

I am thinking of combining all links into 1-page and eliminating the duplicates. I would also like to add a few more (such as LinuxCare, LinuxStart etc).

How about having a page with links to latest news items?

I think, we ALSO need to organise the links in a story-board fashion. For example, let's say, a NEW Linux user wants to findout how to use Linux at home, the sequence needed would be:

0. What can be done with Linux? Why switch from M$?
1. Check compatibility of existing HW or buying Linux compatible hardware
2. Selecting a distribution, getting drivers
3. Getting help/docs
4. Setting up Linux
5. Fixing problems
6. Adding useful apps

I am planning to do something like that too.

Regarding your question on German, I don't know German (though, I would love to learn), can any one who knows, suggest the correct wording?

I am currently checking all my work in NS4.7 & IE5. I intend to verify all my work with Lynx/Opera too.

Regards,
Anand

Doug Loss <dloss@suscom.net> wrote:
>anand_r_vaidya wrote:
>
>Linux Furosemide Schulen (Linux for Schools)
>
>It seems to be a link to the same site as this entry on the SEUL/edu
>links page:
>
>Linux für Schulen (Linux for Schools)
>
>I know a little German, but I don't recognise "furosemide."  Is this
>correct German, or did it somehow get garbled?
>
>Otherwise, I like the looks.  I haven't tried it in anything other than
>NS Communicator 4.04 on Win95 (I'm at work, I have no choice in the
>environment I have to use).  Could someone try the pages with local font
>overrides and with lynx?
>
>--
>Doug Loss                 The difference between the right word and
>Data Network Coordinator  the almost right word is the difference
>Bloomsburg University     between lightning and a lightning bug.
>dloss@bloomu.edu                Mark Twain

------
Do you do Linux? :)