Re: SEUL: Sample Webpages for SEUL-PUB

Roger,

I agree with you that just providing yet another links-page is of little use. We should somehow add value. One suggestion is to create a set of links that will help the user in completing a given task. (Eg: Select Hardware -> Install Linux -> Install Office/Browser apps). It may be better for us to leave the question of Linux links to www.linuxlinks.com or www.linuxstart.com etc... We can focus on other parts that (probably) nobody is looking at.

During the past week, I have been looking at using Server Side Includes and splitting the SEUL pages into individual fragments (eg Navigation pane, Content pane, footer and header plus, CSS). I have also observed that www.w3c.org's "Validate HTML" returns plenty of errors on our existing pages. We need to fix them. What priority are we assigning to 'clean' HTML?

My suggestions are as follows:
* Use CSS for overall styling.
* Use <Hn> tags strictly for content structuring and not for font-sizing
* No embedded FONT codes.
* Use SSI "include virtual" directives to manage navigation, headers,  footers and page content that are consistent from page to page.
* All pages should undergo some form of verification and be posted afterwards.
* Provide certain links on *all* pages (eg links to HOME, Search)
* We need to have a sitemap. Is there a script available?

I intend to post the modified (& verified) pages in a day or two.

Regards,
Anand

Teamwork is the longer word for Success.
- Jacquelinemae A Rudd

------
Do you do Linux? :)