SEUL: SEUL/edu prototype page

Hello, I'm afraid I've been rather quiet lately.  A bit antisocial,
even...

I've been working on an idea for the SEUL/edu mainpage for a while, but
I keep feeling disatisfied with it.  Anyway, instead of just worrying
over it, I thought I might share it and get some feedback.

I put a sample up at
  http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~bickiia/seul/main.html

It makes very heavy use of tables, which might cause it to render too
slowly on older (or Mac) computers.  I wanted to use primary colors
without making it too cartoon-ish, and after seeing an exhibit by
Elsworth Kelly (one of those color-swatch modern artists) I came up
with this.

I don't know why the two columns aren't equally sized (in Netscape).
I've encountered this bug many times when I was working on this, and
I can't see any pattern in the cause or solution.  Sometimes it works,
sometimes it doesn't.  Right now it isn't working right.  Any ideas
on why would be much appreciated.

There's a number of other files in the directory
  http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~bickiia/seul/

This includes a more readable html (pre-main.txt), the python script
that makes all those colored bars (colorgen.py), and the logo I played
with (title.jpg, title.png, title.xcf) -- which is something seperate
from the rest of the page, really.

--
Ian Bicking         / 4869 N. Talman Ave. Apt. G, Chicago, IL 60625
bickiia@earlham.edu / http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~bickiia