Re: OS questions draft, III

Pete I wasn't quite sure about your reference about a central
catalog of linux software. There is the Linux Software Map
maintained by Aaron Schrab at
http://www.linuxresources.com/apps/index.html#lsm

You're doing a great job on the survey. One thought on the
open source questions, it would be nice have the questions
identical except for the word OS or application. Perhaps the
following:

*Having access to an operating system's source code for
optimizing and customizing.

*Having access to an application's source code for optimizing
and customizing.

This is the power behind open source. The code can be
precisely tuned and honed for the user. This is why I'm so
interested in Linux.  If I can find open source applications
in the areas I'm going to be looking at, I'm convinced we
could double productivity. The potential is huge.

Bob