Re: 0x009 - diappearing word processors

Hi Folks,
     I think I owe a bit of an explanation here. I originally removes
all references to software types because my impression was that we
wanted to focus on the OS, so that our references to software were more
general in nature (corporate vs free / share -ware). We have talked in
the pass about word processors, spreadhseets, and databases (In fact,
these were the reasons I wanted to be part of the research group in the
first place :-)
     Now, that said, I would only be too happy to put these back in,
though I would strongly prefer to put all three of these items back in
and not just wordprocessing (though I will concede that wp's are by far
the most common computer tool for masses), given that we are trying to
get as broad a spectrum of users as possible to take the survey.
     We'd probably all agree that these pieces of software are too
complex to do justice to in 5-10 questions, if we really want to get at
what users want / use / need. If our goal is only to evaluate the need
for the software to start with, I'm completely behind it!
     To that end, I'll resurrect the software questions I had before and
put them into the survey in the Software section for 0x010. Thanks to
Roger for the archive search ... I'll double check my info as well (I
kept all the email from this project) to find the remainder. Failing
that, I'll recheck the archives.

     We've come a long way so far. This is fun!

     Cheers,

     Pete

--
Pete St. Onge - McGill U.  Limnology - Fun with Ropes & Buckets
pete_st_onge@iname.com         http://wwp.mirabilis.com/4322052