Re: OS questions draft, III

>>>RD == Roger Dingledine <arma@mit.edu> wrote at Sun, 16 Aug 1998 02:07:06 -0400 (DST):

>|Doug: want to write us some educational-software questions? I'd be
>|happy to include them. Try to keep them kind of broad. Probably about
>|three questions would be good:
>|* Availability of educational software
>|* price issues
>|* quality? brand-name companies? ability to read source code for it?
>|  what do you care about?

I just got back from vacation, and I'm not sure what the format of your questions is, but
I'll take a shot at it.

How important is the availability of educational software (software for teaching children
from kindergarten through high school) to you?  Is it important that available educational
software be produced by well-known companies?  Is the availability of freely modifiable and
distributable source code for educational software important to you?

I've ignored the questions about price and quality, as I think it's a given that everyone
wants the highest quality possible at the lowest price.

Let me know if there's anything else that ought to be addressed in these questions, and I'll
try to help with them.

Roger, it'll take me a few more days to get everything cleared away, and then I'll be ready
to start working on that mini-HOWTO on advocating Linux ports of software from second-tier
software companies.  What has happened on the single-announcement-point for the Linux
community stuff that was being talked about when I left a couple of weeks ago?

--
Doug Loss            The time for action is past!  Now
dloss@csrlink.net    is the time for senseless bickering!