Re: [seul-sci] Re: Introductions

Hi,

--

A couple of weeks back my project leader asked me if I wanted to load Linux on my workstation and try out

the evaluation version of ModelSim 5.3 PE on a Linux platform. My company prefers ModelSim coz it supports

mixed mode simulations i.e. both Verilog and V.H.D.L. ( V.H.D.L. and Verilog are Hardware Description

Languages i.e. they are used to "describe" the digital circuits we design so that they may be simulated,

tested, synthesized etc.).

I have a background in Verilog, and I'm trying to learn VHDL when I get the time. The gEDA project is

essentially a VHDL simulator. A mixed mode simulator will in my opinion really be welcome in the industry.

Regards,

mario

.............. in life, there is more imagination
                     than in all our dreams ...............