Re: [seul-sci] quic kquestion

On jeu, 11 mai 2000, you wrote:
> aarrggh!! you know the situation - i got a huge latex file - and the
> postscript output is HUGE! i've got 100MB zip disks so it won't all fit on
> (i can't taker it to uni and print it off)
>
> any ideas how to make ghostscript or latex or anything produce smaller
> chunks - say pages 1-100 and another postscript file of pages 101-200,
> say.
>
> that way i can put it on two zip disks - and use windows gsview32 to print
> it. that why i can't use the split command!

You could also split your file using the split(1) command to make for exemple
50MB chunks of your file. Then on your Windoz or Linux box, paste them back
together:
on linux using cat xxx >> yourfile.ps for each chunck
on windoze using something like (I don't remember it well) copy -B or xcopy
-B (??)

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Vivien