RE: [seul-sci] quic kquestion

How to concatenate several archives:
(I´m translating back to English from a Spanish version, adding my comments)

a) Under DOS
Valid for DOS up to Win95, I´m in doubt about Win98 as DOS is no more there.
Just a emulator program. Worse in Win2000 (is NT)

COPY [/A | /B] origen [/A | /B] [+ origen [/A | /B] [+ ...]]
    [destino [/A | /B]] [/V] [/Y | /-Y]

  origen      [path/]+input files.
  /A           ASCII text files (H00 is EOF).
  /B           binary files (disregards H00 as EOF, takes filelength form the header.
  destino    [path/]output file
  /V           Write Verify
  /Y           If output file exists does not ask for permission to overwrite
  /-Y          If output file exists ask for permission to overwrite

To concatenate files, specify one output file, specify several input files
using wildcards (?? or *)  or the form:
(archivo1+archivo2+archivo3).
The first one without the plus sign for a new output file.
Up to DOS 6.22 if the first file has the plus sign it means that the input
files were copied past the end of the output file.

b) A little programming (Basic or Pascal, VB or Delphi)
    (Pseudo code or Skeleton only)

*Create SplitFilesList(qtySplitFiles)   as a string array with the
                                                    names of the split files.
Open "MyNewPSfile" as #1 for Append
For filenum = 1 to qtySplitFiles
    Open SplitFilesList(filenum) as #2 for Input
    Do until (EOF#2)
        Read #1
        Write #2
    EndDo
    Close #2
Next filenum
Close #1

Can be a lot more time consuming, but you can control
the whole process.

From an oldtimer program tinkerer new to LINUX   :))

Alfredo Pérez - TTP en Informática Profesional y Personal
Programa Revisión y Desarrollo de Perfiles y Currícula
destinados a la Educación para el Trabajo en los Sistemas
Básico, Superior y No Formal
Área de Educación en Trabajo con Tecnologías
INET - Instituto Nacional de Educación Tecnológica
ME - Ministerio de Educación

Teléfono: 54(11) 4943-0244/6745; 54(11) 4941-5048/5074; 54(11) 4308-3669; Int. 106
Avda. Independencia 2625 2º piso
(1225) Buenos Aires - Argentina