[no subject]

Thanks,

I don't think I've measured the time on more than one platform.  It
should take around 17 microseconds on my laptop, but who knows how
much time it takes in practice.  Measurement seems in order.
So it should be fairly safe to say that it is *almost* uneffective in term of time consuption, i could start with no consideration of it, right?

Assume for the moment that we aren't using hidden services, since that
complicates matters.
For the moment i am not concerned about hidden services.

Right now, all circuits are 3 hops long (since 3 is better than 2, but 4 is >not demonstrably better than 3). We choosenodes for circuits with >probability proportional to their declared bandwidth.
how? (if the answer is read the code could you please give me some hints on where in the code)

3 - The circuit is changed every minute right? how often do the OP start a
new circuit construction? And if there is no traffic does it stick with
the old
circuit or does it keep on changing it?
Ok but since i have to simulate the entity OP i was wondering about the backgroud work, should i make it renew the circuit every minute? or does it start caching lots of circuits and then using them as it goes?

We try to have new "clean" circuits ready whenever possible, enough to
permit exit to the ports that we use "frequently".   When we use a
circuit (by sending traffic over it), we mark the circuit as "dirty",
and we try not to put new connections over a circuit that's been dirty
for "a while".  ("A while" is 30 seconds in 0.0.9 and 10 minutes in 0.1.0.)
Sounds like a good idea, so when a circuit is dirty you avoid using all the nodes in it or you just don't use it as a whole?

For more information, you should read the code;
I'll do it!
But i just want to have clear "the big picture" to get started.

MF: