Re: [tor-dev] Embedding Parrot in Tor as GSoC Project

Howdy,

>> I've never heard of ‘libtor’.  What's that?

I assumed that there was some type of core C/C++ library that implements the
core functionality of Tor.

It is the thing that this email thread references:

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2009-October/017378.html

> And why do you think we should want to embed Parrot into Tor?

It would allow scripting Tor with a variety of languages, but I understand if
embedding is not wanted.  I would like for Parrot to be able to talk to libtor,
so a project that worked on bindings from Parrot VM would be
interesting as well,
and not involve any embedding.

Mostly, I wanted feedback from Tor developers about the feasibility and interest
in mentoring something like this.

Duke

--
Jonathan "Duke" Leto