Re: [tor-dev] Moving ownership to TheTorProject

Hey Zack and Roger,

- Why moving:
The goal of moving wasn't to disassociate the project from Zack. I wanted
to advertise the project link on the volunteer page and I thought, there
will be less confusion if it is in the TheTorProject than in Zackw. I
asked Arturo to fork Stegotorus in TheTorProject, he said it is simpler
if Zackw just moves the repo to TheTorProject.

Arturo is the/an admin of TheTorProject AFAIK and he had made Zack a member
of the organization the same day. I think that is enough to move the repo.

- Why github?
I think the question of moving Ooni to tor git came up in Iceland and
Arturo was happy with keeping it on TheTorProject github account. So I
thought the same logic can be applied to Stegotorus. Reasons:

1) It is less painful to move a repo from a github to a github rather than changing
servers.
2) github has this feature that you can comment between the lines of
commits that tor git doesn't have.

3) Bureaucratically, I seems easier to give pop-up volunteer write
access to the github repo rather than to tor git (this was the case for
example when I was a student)

- Status of git.torproject.org

If for the sake of having less confusion we want to move stegotorus dev to tor git, I can take care of the move if I'm given access to
git.torproject.org:/stegotorus. I think either Roger or Zack needs to
make a signed ticket for change of owner/write access assigned to
weasel, Sebstian or Erinn.

I have write access to git.torproject.org:/user/vmon/stegtorus (but not
to git.torproject.org:/stegotorus) and historically, I was happy with that but that doesn't accomplish the "less confusion" goal.

Thanks everybody,
vmon