RE: following on from today's discussion

"
I am not a lawyer, but is anyone here sure that there are legal
protections against
"

Yes but did you ever sit through a 2 week trial with each second ticking by
thinking as the barristers and elected judges drone on, "how many millions
of unsolved crimes will be committed before this jury arrives with verdict?"

Obtain not solicitor!  Devise encryption at one end & decipher at other end.
But you need for encryption & decipher to change simultaneously once with
every and each second according to orchestrated program delivered by bonded
courier who arrives once each week from secret location headquarters.  But
what about interface between this second and following second?  You need
pause during interface.  In military, courier comes each day with decipher
code.  All passwords must be encrypted.

Naaaaaaaaa
!

--- Begin Message ---
On 2006.08.18, at 17:14, Robert Hogan wrote:

> That aside, I think it has highlighted a security risk  that Tor
> itself may be
> guilty of understating to new users, namely that using Tor exposes
> your
> traffic to a much higher likelihood of being eavesdropped than normal.
>
> For example, I am not a network admin by day so I do not have
> access to public
> internet traffic through legal means. Yet I am running a Tor exit
> server, so
> I can now legally (though unethically) listen to your internet
> traffic and
> harvest any passwords that go by.

Is it true that your traffic is more likely to be eavesdropped upon?

I am not a lawyer, but is anyone here sure that there are legal
protections against network administrators listening that would not
apply to Tor node operators?

/jgt
--
http://tamboli.cx/