Re: [tor-dev] Hash Visualizations to Protect Against Onion Phishing

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 11:00:51AM -0400, Ian Goldberg wrote:
| I'd caution about the poker hand, though.  One year when I taught
| first-year undergraduate CS, we included an assignment that had to do
| with decks of cards and card games.  A surprising number of people had
| never seen decks of cards before, and were unfamiliar with the concept.
| I did not observe whether the (un)familiarity was correlated with what
| part of the world they came from.
|
| Perhaps a notification "You've never visited this site before" that
| pushes down from the top like some other notifications might go a long
| way?

Whatever we choose, it's essential to test early and often with real
people who are being exposed to it for the first time, and in a way
that makes it possible for them to critique the UI without being made
to feel stupid.

As Ian points out, real people surprise you in surprising ways.

Adam