Re: [tor-dev] moved from [Tor-censorship-events] Improving the censorship event detector.

Hi all,

For all my sins I wrote parts of the algorithm that is at fault here.

I also echo, and confirm all the problems mentioned. One thing that
would greatly help tune such systems is a database of known censored
periods from different jurisdictions. The issue is that "anomalies"
occur all the time -- and tor is presumably only interested in
"intersting anomalies" that related to attacks.

Now I know more about this field, and happy to work with others to
improve the state of the detector if there is interest.

George