Re: [tor-dev] How to integrate an external name resolver into Tor

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Jeremy Rand <jeremyrand@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 [...]
> Hi Nick,
>
> I'm looking at the docs for StreamEvent in Stem:
>
> https://stem.torproject.org/api/response.html#stem.response.events.StreamEvent
>
> And I don't see any obvious way to get the SOCKS auth data from that.
> Using the SOCKS auth data was, indeed, the first thought that occurred
> to me.
>
> Is there a way to get the SOCKS auth data from a StreamEvent prior to
> issuing ATTACHSTREAM, so that I can use that data when performing the
> name lookup?

Oh!  You want to *get* the isolation information!

That's not implemented, but it wouldn't be too hard to do. The hard
part will be deciding the right interface to expose to controllers.
I've started a ticket at
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/19859 to track the
problem space.