Re: [tor-dev] (Draft) Proposal 224: Next-Generation Hidden Services in Tor

Hello.
I gave it a quick once over and these are my thoughts.

I very much appreciate the ``Participants'' and ``In more detail: A
menagerie of keys'' sections.
I've had trouble in the past where I've been reading Tor specs and a
new (or inconsistently named) key or actor is mentioned in passing.
Likewise I appreciate that | was explicitly defined as concatenation,
since in the current rend-spec it's left ambiguous.

A few times you mention ``consensus parameters''.
I assume these are values that go in the params field of the
consensus, although it wasn't particularly clear (for me) until I
looked it up in dir-spec.

I like the ``Offline operation'' idea; that would certainly be more
secure than distributing the same private key to several servers.

In the hsdir_index(node) formula what exactly is ``node_identity_digest''?