[tor-dev] Have the Tor daemon use more cores

On 12/02/2015 07:00 AM, tor-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>I've been working on the volunteer project described here
>https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en#useMoreCores >but can't spend much more time on it.
>
>Right now, I have refactored circuit_receive_relay_cell() in relay.c
>(which calls relay_crypt() and eventually the AES crypt routines) to
>use the workqueue.c infrastructure similar to cpuworker.c.
>
>When the refactored code runs in single threaded mode, all seems
>good. Once I activate the thread pool and start sending it work with
>threadpool_queue_work(), it Bootstraps 100% okay and runs for several
>minutes before crashing on cells it doesn't handle properly.
>
>I'm happy to share my code with anyone interested.
Sure I think I'm the person that used the workqueue stuff last, so I'd
be up for doing the rest of the work (nb: I am traveling/in meetings for
the rest of the week, so it'll be next week at the earliest that I can
really spend quality time).

Regards,

-- Yawning Angel

Yawning, or anyone else:

If you assess the code has potential, I can assist & work on it more. If it is a big miss, then I might start with a smaller contribution.

Thanks,
Jeremy