[tor-dev] Multithreaded Crypto

Hello,

I'd like to try to help out and do some work on Tor's multithreaded
crypto, specifically for incoming/outgoing cells. I've read through
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/projects/Tor/MultithreadedCrypto
as well as #1749 and #7572.

I have a few questions for tor devs and people who've worked on/are
working on the relevant bits of code:

1) Does the section "Phase 1: Cell crypto" in the Multithreaded crypto
wiki page still reflect the current design and coding plans (along with
the additions from the "Athena's notes" section)?

2) If so, approximately what stage of "Cell crypto: The plan" (on
Multithreaded crypto wiki page) has development gotten to/is work
currently being done on?

I (briefly) looked around in master, and it looks like a crypting queue
isn't being used yet. So if this is still the plan I guess I can assume
that development is somewhere in phase 1?

3) Is there any other work/other branches I should take a look at? (i.e.
in #7572, nickm commented "Andrea made some progress here", and I'm
vaguely aware that there was a GSOC project last summer on multithreaded
crypto, but it's not clear to me how far that effort got or how much of
that code has made it into master.)

4) Is anyone currently working on this I should talk to?

I know this can be a tricky thing to get right, so I just want to get a
sense of where the best place to start might be and also avoid
duplicating work someone else is doing/has already done.

Thanks!

All the best,
Nik