[tor-dev] Fwd: Orbot v15-alpha-3 with VPN and Meek!

----- Original message -----
From: Nathan of Guardian <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: guardian-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Orbot v15-alpha-3 with VPN and Meek!
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 02:57:34 -0500

More progress on Orbot VPN support, and now, thanks to our new PLUTO
library (https://github.com/guardianproject/pluto), support for Meek
(https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/meek) and soon Obfs4
as well.

Currently you can use Meek or you can use VPN, but you can't use both
together... still working on that, as I can't get Meek to talk to the
passthrough HTTP proxy I use to allow socket connections out of the VPN
filter.

To use Meek, just enable the "Bridges" button on the home screen,
without using any bridge config info, and it will default to using the
Meek Azure instance. If you set the bridge line to 0 it will use Google,
and 1 it will use Amazon, and 2 it will use Azure.

The VPN mode is just as easy, just enable VPN using the homescreen
toggle button, then start/restart Orbot. All apps on your phone should
now be running through Tor.

Remember, Bridges and VPN don't work at the same time, for now... but
please test both features separately, and let me know how well they work
for you.

APK: https://guardianproject.info/releases/Orbot-v15.0.0-ALPHA-3.apk
SIG: https://guardianproject.info/releases/Orbot-v15.0.0-ALPHA-3.apk.asc

Source: https://gitweb.torproject.org/n8fr8/orbot.git/log/?h=v15-dev or