Re: Near-candidate for Mac OS X package

On Jan 4, 2005, at 6:52 AM, Nick Mathewson wrote:

There's a new version at the addresses above. The main changes are:
- It puts things in /Library/Tor, not /usr/local/ .
- It doesn't force a click-through of the Tor license, since neither
Tor's license (nor Privoxy's) imposes restrictions on end-users; only
on distributors.

If you have been running a server using the old packages, and keeping
tor data in /usr/local/var/lib/tor, you should move that directory to
/Library/Tor/var/lib/tor .

If there are no major bugs in this version, I will use this setup for
the official binaries for 0.0.9.2, including any improved
documentation people send me.

Hi Nick,

is there any reason why the installer prompts me to reboot my box after the installation? Is this really necessary. In my opinion this is very bad practice for a Mac installer and should be avoided at all costs lest it is *ABSOLUTELY* necessary.

Cheers,
Ralf