[tor-dev] Proposal 312: Automatic Relay IPv6 Addresses

Hi,

Here is an initial draft of Proposal 312: Automatic Relay IPv6 Addresses.

This proposal includes:
 * relay auto IPv6 addresses, and
 * relay auto IPv6 ORPorts.

This is the second of 3 proposals:
* Proposal 311: Relay IPv6 Reachability
* Proposal 312: Automatic Relay IPv6 Addresses
* Proposal 313: Relay IPv6 Statistics
(I haven't written the final one yet.)

I also want to make some minor changes to Proposal 306, so that bridge
IPv6 behaviour stays in sync with client IPv6 behaviour. (See section
7 of this proposal for details.)

There is still one TODO item in the proposal, about Tor's current
behaviour. If you know the answer, please let me know.

The full text is included below, and it is also available as a GitHub
pull request:
https://github.com/torproject/torspec/pull/105

The related tickets are #33073 (proposal) and #5940 (implementation):

Please feel free to reply on this list, or via GitHub pull request
comments.

Filename: 312-relay-auto-ipv6-addr.txt
Title: Tor Relays Automatically Find Their IPv6 Address