Re: [tor-dev] [GSoC] HTTPS Everywhere secure ruleset update mechanism update

On 2014-07-07 20:40, Red wrote:
[.. lots of cool work being worked on ..]

Hi Zack,

Seems you are doing lots of cool stuff ;)

But I am one of those strange people who really hate it that every
separate tool has their own updater (which can be used for tracking a
user, as the set of updater tools polling servers makes a fingerprint in
the same way other flows make a fingerprint).

And thus I run Little Snitch and block those updates. Till I deem it a
good time for the update to be done and trigger it manually.

As such, when you get to the stage of adding features, it would be good
if there was:
 - an option to disable the auto fetching
 - an option to trigger the fetching
 - to feed the update mechanism with a pre-fetched file
   (eg provided through a different update mechanism)

Greets,
 Jeroen