Re: [tor-dev] [tor-commits] [tor/master] Remove the HidServDirV2 and VoteOnHidServDirectoriesV2 options

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 06:31:41AM +0000, isis wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up!  I've added unittests to BridgeDB to test how its
> parsers handle the HSDir flag (and make-believe flags like "Unicorn" for good
> measure). [0]

Great.

> Does this mean that, if I were a client using Bridges, and I were also running
> a Hidden Service, that there is some chance I might use one of my Bridges to
> store my HS descriptor?  If so, wouldn't that be harmful to the HS's anonymity?

No, or at least, I sure hope not.

Tor clients choose relays for the HSDir positions based on the
networkstatus consensus, as signed by the directory authorities.

Tor clients, even ones using bridges, never see the networkstatus
document that Tonga generates. It is only used by bridgedb and by
the metrics project.

--Roger