Re: [tor-dev] [network-team] [doodle poll] Meeting to discuss guard proposal draft status

> On 12 Jul 2016, at 23:55, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Based on comments, I have uploaded a new version at
>
> I really hope this is the last draft before we call it a proposal.

I wrote a belated review of the latest version on:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/19468#comment:12

I would have been happy to do it on a gitlab, but I couldn't find one.

To summarise:

What about directory guards? (I think it's ok to ignore them, with caveats)
What about ClientPreferIPv6ORPort? (this needs to be part of the filter or prioritisation or both)
Some suggestions about how to fix some complex issues.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
OTR 8F39BCAC 9C9DDF9A DF5FAE48 1D7D99D4 3B406880
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n