[tor-dev] Entreaty for spreading awareness about ProxAllium, a useful frontend for Tor

Hello everyone!
First I would like to apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place, as I am not sure where I should post this. So this mailing list seemed to be the best option available.

As some of you may (most likely not) know me as the developer of a small tool called ProxAllium which is a nice frontend for Tor, it is a nice alternative to keeping Tor Browser up and running if you want to use Tor's SOCKS proxy. I started work on it almost 2 years ago, and I had the idea to develop this for more than 2 years... I consider it fairly stable now that I have been using it that length of time.

Recently one of my newer users expressed disappointment that they didn't find any reference to ProxAllium while they were doing some research on how to operate a Tor bridge on Windows, they have suggested I do more "advertising". I have realized that my tool might be useful to a lot of people and many of them would not even be aware of its existence which would be a shame, as it would increase the regular usage of Tor if it was easy to start Tor casually, to torify applications.

I was hesitant to write this email as I had previously thought that ProxAllium was not good enough for Tor standards. But then I realized I was applying a somewhat artificial logic and thus preventing its growth in usage. I am aware that it has a few fundamental issues (like being written in a closed source language) but I think it is good enough to be used as a helper tool.

I am planning a rewrite in a better language (and with a FOSS toolchain) so that it can be cross-platform and more performance efficient. Currently I am struggling with motivation to work on ProxAllium as I am not getting enough input from users.

The purpose of this email is to earnestly request that the Tor project consider helping to spread awareness of ProxAllium by adding references to it in places like the wiki and the "projects" list on the website. I am not seeking official endorsement, but a mere mention so that everyone involved can benefit from Tor. I am ready to provide any kind of assistance to the fullest extent I can.

Thank you for reading, hopefully I didn't come across as too arrogant or pushy with my proposal, English is not my native language and I struggle with writing in the vein in which I am thinking :)

With Regards, Damon H. (TheDcoder)