Re: [tor-dev] Dealing with DNS requests by Tor unaware programs

teor:
> So we recommend SOCKSPort or HTTPTunnelPort instead, because
> they support sending DNS names to exits as part of the connection
> request.

Looks like this can also be achieved for TransPort by configuring:

    AutomapHostsOnResolve 1
    AutomapHostsSuffixes .

Then tor will tor (instantly) hand out an IP address in the
VirtualAddrNetworkIPv{4,6} range for _all_ domains, not just .onion etc.
With these options, if I watch STREAM events on the control port I see
SENTCONNECT to the hostname.

Rusty