[tor-dev] Leif's important piece on update golden keys

Hi,

>> Holger Levsen:
>> https://reproducible-builds.org and
>> https://reproducible.debian.net

Thanks!

> Nathan Freitas:
> https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/Deterministic,_Reproducible_Builds

Thanks!

However, even though reproducible-builds seems to address the manual install as well, which is good, I read the problem as being the actual backdoor of auto-update.

Since my Dad will not be able to make this verification, removing auto-update from the package is the only real resolution here.

Besides, given the broken/missing auto-update opt-out in packages like OrFox, it is difficult to trust the developers, since it is the user who defines "malicious".

Wordlife,
Spencer