Re: [tor-dev] [GSoC] CONIKS implementation for Tor Messenger

> On Mar 23, 2016, at 9:05 PM, Huy Vu Quoc <huyvq.c633@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Wherever possible, we'd like to avoid modals and use the notification bar. There's also a suggestion to grey out the conversation window and use a throbber here,https://github.com/arlolra/ctypes-otr/issues/20
>
> Since the monitoring protocol is done periodically so there certainly
> exist a case of an unexpected key change whereas there are not any
> conversation windows. In such a case, how do we show the message using
> the notification bar? I think that a popup modal is a good choice for
> this situation.

Sorry, you're right, I was misreading that.

For what it's worth, a notification bar exists on each window,
not just the conversation. It may make sense to display this
on the accounts window.

The point I was failing to make is that since modals stop the
world, we should use them sparingly. But maybe this is a case
where it's warranted.

> Btw, I also added a timeout enforcement for responding to events in my
> proposal. Timeout for requests is 100ms and this can be changed based
> on some surveys and tests during development phase (may the
> registration request take a longer time than other requests?).

Ok.