Re: [tor-dev] BridgeDB - Bridge Distribution Modifications

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 09:42:47AM +0200, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> On 5/14/13 8:08 AM, Matthew Finkel wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Over the last few weeks I've been working with George and Aaron on
> > updating BridgeDB's code with respect to how it handles pluggable
> > transports.
>
> Hi Matthew,
>
> I didn't read your proposed BridgeDB changes in detail (sorry!), but I'd
> like to ask for something: can you make sure that the
> bridge-pool-assignments file stays useful when your changes are deployed?
>
> https://metrics.torproject.org/formats.html#bridgepool
>
> We're not processing bridge pool assignment files automatically, but
> we'll include them in Atlas once it supports searching for bridges.
> Right now the strings make some sense to bridge operators by giving them
> an idea whether and how BridgeDB distributes their bridge.  If possible,
> this should still be the case in the future.
>
> Thanks!
> Karsten

Hi Karsten,

Absolutely. To be honest, I don't expect these modifications to impact
that file much, and I see no reason to alter the format of it, but I'll
verify everything remains sane throughout the updates.

Thanks for raising your concern!

Matt