Re: [tor-dev] Code review request for bug #9701

On 5/15/2014 9:38 AM, michael@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello list,

If anybody's feeling particularly friendly, then it would be nice of
you to do the favour of reviewing the proposed solution to bug #9701:

It relates to clipboard turds of the Tor Browser in violation of
the premise of disk avoidance by design. The code in question is
attached to the bug report.

Georg (GK) has signalled interest, in case you want to coordinate.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Michael

1. Some versions of the SunOS--maybe Solaris too, I'm not sure--had a provision where you could copy text without any explicit clip board action. You could just select the text and middle click in the destination. Will this change break that behavior or are these systems still supported?

2. My second concern is a style issue. If I read msvb-9701.diff correctly, you propose to just comment out the offending code with a preprocessor directive. I, along with others who are more knowledgeable, think that this process is bad form. It tends to leave the source code cluttered with a great deal of non-functioning code. While it is worthwhile to preserve the history, that is what source code control systems are for.

Regards

Ken Keys