Re: [tor-dev] Cute Otter == Tahoe-LAFS + Tor?

I'm working on a project with the same goals (Stormy), but not sure what the status is for formalized Torstuff.

For me at least I'm not interested in using Tahoe because it adds unnecessary complexity. My work with users typically shows that people have learned or been taught how to use PGP/OTR, but don't have experience as sysadmins and don't have consistent access to advanced technical help. It's also far beyond what most sysops actually need. For WikiLeaks, it might make sense. But for The Dubai Times, it might not and the complexity is more likely to confuse/demoralize people.

~Griffin

On 2014-05-16 01:56, David Stainton wrote:
Hi, What is going on with that cute otter hidden service publishing project?

What do people think about having it use the Tahoe-LAFS Onion Grid and
lafs-rpg instead of telling users to run their own webservers?
Tahoe-LAFS could help to greatly increase the security and censorship
resistance of the data being published.

If the people involved with this were interested in using Tahoe-LAFS
as the data store then I would be more than happy to help out with
this. (I don't do any web development at all)

Sincerely,

David