[tor-dev] [TSoP 2018] Ahmia status update #1

Hello all,

This is an update report for ahmia project, as part of the Tor Summer of Privacy 2018.

The first two weeks I have been working on updating and slightly improving the codebase of ahmia-site, ahmia-index, ahmia-crawler subprojects. More specifically:

* Updating python packages and adding python3 support (default version from now on), to have a clean building process.
* Prettifying the code towards pep8 compliance
* Fixing some minor issues, like unresolved references, substitude deprecated methods, etc
* Separating code from configuration by introducing environment variables approach through python-decouple.

The already pushed commits can be found at the corresponding github repositories [1], [2], [3].

I am going to discuss tomorrow with the mentors and anyone else that might be interested, on #ahmia channel at OFTC, on how to proceed (what to implement next).

Best Regards,
Stelios