Re: [tor-dev] Chutney code refactoring

On Thu, 14 May 2020 19:58:45 -0400
Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> isInExpectedDirInfoDocs looks like it might once have done something useful.

My impression is to remove it unless we anticipate needing it in the
near future.

> configure and restart and wait_for_bootstrap are all in use; they are
> invoked by name, from the command line, at the end of runConfigFile,
> where it says `return getattr(network, verb)()`.

Ah, I see now, thank you. I think it would be wise to comment the
functions as such to indicate that they are used on the command line.

> I think the rest are likely to be unused.

I did grep most of these and found no signs of use, so this is my
impression as well.

For now I will make a mental note of all this while I work on more
pertinent improvements to the code, but I do believe it would be nice
to deal with truly unused code sooner rather than later.

Caitlin