Re: [tor-dev] Proposal 213: Remove stream-level sendmes from the design

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 01:06:56 -0500
Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> If we ripped out stream-level sendmes, then as you say, we'd have to
> choose between "queue all the data for the stream, no matter how big
> it gets" and "tell the whole circuit to shut up".

A possible compromise: A stream level XOFF/XON instead of SENDME would
allow us to save the flow control bandwidth for properly flowing
streams and still have a way to deal with stalled ones.

Julian

--
3072D/F3A66B3A Julian Yon (2012 General Use) <pgp.2012@xxxxxx>