Re: [tor-dev] Question on Tor Design (current and maybe past and future)

Hi,

Jonathan Marquardt transcribed 2.1K bytes:
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 08:59:34AM +0000, ng0 wrote:
> > can one of the core developers tell me if there exists
> > a current summary of the design of Tor?
>
> I’m not one of the core developers, but I know where the design documents are
> anyway:
>
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/documentation.html.en#DesignDoc

Oh, obvious location. I have the specs git and the anonbib, so I
thought I had to skip through all of them to get some up to date
idea.

> A good start would probably be to read the original design document from 2004

That's obvious, and goes without stating that I've read at least
this one before asking (and I didn't ask about old designs).

> and after that the two "Eight key design changes" blog posts.

Okay, which year were they written in?

After sending this post I realized my sentence structure
suffered a bit of an early morning post. Maybe this is
a bit more precise (while still keeping it short):

  A summary of the currenty (late 2017) design of Tor,
  a reflection on past designs and why they were
  disregarded/changed,
  and where you are heading at the moment.

I'm used to websites and content you can display in the
webbrowser not being up to date all the time, and my
assumption was that I would have to dig through all
the papers and blog posts, meeting notes and come to
a conclusion on my own - or ask you to get some
insiders view on this.
--
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
GnuPG: https://dl.n0.is/dist/keys/