Re: [tor-dev] Second release of OnioNS beta

Good news! I have identified the issue and fixed it. Turns out that the RPATH wasn't actually embedded in the binary, so the loader couldn't find the common library on most machines.

Before:
$ objdump -x /usr/bin/onions-client | grep RPATH
$

After:
$ objdump -x /usr/bin/onions-client | grep RPATH
  RPATH                /usr/lib/onions-common
$

I'm pretty sure that the issue affected all flavours of Linux, so I pushed out a quick update to the PPA and to Github. Hopefully it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Jesse V.