Re: [tor-dev] Tor Relays on Whonix Gateway

On 2016-10-17 03:04, teor wrote:
On 7 Oct 2016, at 08:11, bancfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Should Whonix document/encourage end users to turn clients into relays on their machines?

Probably not:
* it increases the attack surface,
* it makes their IP address public,
* the relays would be of variable quality.

Why not encourage them to run bridge relays instead, if their connection is
fast enough?

Good idea. We are waiting for snowflake bridge transport to be ready and we plan to enable it by default on Whonix Gateway. Its optimal because no port forwarding is needed or changes to firewall settings (because VMs connect from behind virtual NATs).

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org