Re: [tor-dev] obfs4, meek, active probing and the timeline of pluggable transports

Firefox Nightly let’s you manually enable it. I’d wait until at least Firefox and Chromium add support to avoid setting off red flags for a censor. Having collateral damage is important with pluggable transports 😑

Cordially,
Nathaniel

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 10:25 AM Nicolas Vigier <boklm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2018, Michael Rogers wrote:

> If anyone on the list knows whether/when we're likely to see a pluggable
> transport based on encrypted SNI I'd love to hear about it.

There was a thread on this topic recently:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2018-September/013453.html

So it seems the first step is having major adoption by browsers and
websites, before using it for anti-censorship. Otherwise censors could
just block all encrypted SNI requests.