Seminar Thesis on Hidden Service Performance

Hi everybody,

I wrote a seminar thesis concerning the performance of hidden services in
Tor.

The thesis describes the way I performed the tests and the results, i.e. the
time it takes to receive the rendezvous descriptors, transfer times of most
cells and times to build circuits. I found a high variability in all steps
of establishing a hidden service, but also hints, where we can save some
time.

The paper can be found at the following location:
http://www.uni-bamberg.de/en/fakultaeten/wiai/faecher/informatik/lspi/bereic
h/research/software_projects/personalized-hidden-services/

My next step is to accelerate the whole process by implementing changes at
various points and to test those changes to prove the impact.

Comments are welcome!

Chris