Re: [tor-dev] Sanitizing and publishing our web server logs

On 08/25/2011 03:08 AM, Karsten Loesing wrote:
Hi everyone,

we have been discussing sanitizing and publishing our web server logs
for quite a while now.  The idea is to remove all potentially sensitive
parts from the logs, publish them in monthly tarballs on the metrics
website, and analyze them for top visited pages, top downloaded
packages, etc.  See the tickets #1641 and #2489 for details.

Why?

I.e., what are the great benefits hoped to arise from such publication to outweigh the considerable risks?

- Marsh