(FWD) Tor in Java killer apps? Who needs Tor in Java?

[Forwarding since this address isn't subscribed to the list. -RD]

----- Forwarded message from owner-tor-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----

Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 01:20:11 +0100
From: Hapke <hapke9@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tor-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Tor in Java killer apps? Who needs Tor in Java?

Hello,

does the world really need a Tor in Java implementation? Where should we
focus on in the future development? I would like to start discussing it.

In my opinion, one interesting feature of Java is the Java web start
technology. This allows the implementation of applications that can be
launched by just clicking a link in a browser, and these applications
communicate with the Tor network. One example of such an application is
a simple anonymous-browser-app that can be launched on page
https://silvertunnel.org/browser.html . Do you think, other Tor
applications should become available in a similar way?

Another area is the Android platform. But what kind of anonymous apps do
the users really need?

What do you think?

Best regards

Christian