silvertunnel.org - Another Tor in Java Implementation

Hello,

with this mail I would like to introduce the silvertunnel project (http://silvertunnel.org/) to you. Silvertunnel was started few months ago to continue the work on a Java implementation of Tor. It is based on the original OnionCoffee source code - a new project was created because we couldn't get any contact to the original developers, so we expected that OnionCoffee will not be continued. The silvertunnel code now contains several security and stability improvements (e.g. logic to check signatures of the consensus which was missing in OnionCoffee).

The silvertunnel project has two development goals: an easy to use Java library to access the Tor network (with as few dependencies as possible to simplify usage of the lib) and a simple to use web browser to surf through Tor network. It is not intended to develop a Tor-Proxy with GUI like the (original) OnionCoffee project. The implementation is also not intended to be specific for mobile devices.

Your feedback is welcome!

With best regards

Christian Hapke
Berlin, Germany