Re: [tor-relays] Making use of new bandwidth

Am 06.04.2019 21:19, schrieb Logforme:

The reason I ask is that I wonder if I should run a second Tor
instance or if the current one will be able to make use a a reasonable
part of the 500Mps.

I'm also testing it with one to three instances.
My problem is, I only have 30TB traffic / month. Unfortunately, that does not make sense with multiple instances. :-(

From https://www.torservers.net/wiki/setup/server:

Currently, Tor does not scale on multicore CPUs. If the CPU supports AES-NI crypto extensions (most modern CPUs do), one Tor process is able to handle around 400 Mbps of throughput – without AES-NI, around 100 Mbps.

--
Ciao Marco!